Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I had no idea that it has been almost six months since I last posted. I realize that probably no one still checks this, so I suppose this post is just for me. It's really probably more of a study avoidance tactic, but it's working for the moment.
It's summertime now. The last couple of months it has rained so much and been wonderful, but it is now starting to get warmer. This is always such a disappointing time of year. I know that soon it's going to be blistering hot. I hate it when it's so hot that I get sweaty just by walking from the car to work. It seems like no matter what we do, it's always a little warm, even in the house. But, I suppose the seasons must change. While I dread summer getting here, I look forward to it being over and fall arriving. This fall will bring a lot of changes. I started my last semester of school last week, and will be graduating in August. (I know, it seemed like I was aimlessly plugging away, but the end is actually close.) Also, as I am sure everyone already knows from Michael's blog, we are selling the house and moving, hopefully in that order. We are very excited about downsizing and moving to a smaller place. We are now just hoping that the house will sell in the right time.
It seems funny to me how I have a different mindset during summer, even though it's no different than any other time of the year. I am still working and going to school, but for some reason everything seems different, almost like nothing is quite as pressing as during the year. I don't know if that's because Michael is out of school, and so his laid back attitude is rubbing off on me, or what. Whatever it is, it helps the summer semester, which is much more fast paced and cram packed, seem not quite as bad. The fact that it's about half as long as a usual semester helps also.
Well, that's all I've got for now. The snow cone stand closes in ten minutes, so I must hurry to get one and then continue with my studying. A good ol' peach snow cone is just what I need to spur on the motivation. I guess check back in December. With my track record, that will probably be the next time that I post.

Comments:
I check your blog! And I'm so glad you posted. I always love hearing from you and look forward to it!
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
i check you blog to at the off chance that you will post something. Guess I got lucky today! :)
 
Good words.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]