Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Summer?

I am curious where along the way summer lost all meaning. My summer will be no different from the rest of the year. I will work and go to school during the week, and probably study all weekend. What happened to counting down the days until summer? What happened to spending the summer days lounging in front of the pool, getting a tan, reading lots of good books, and going on vacations? I lost all that when I got a job. Don't adults need breaks during the summer, too? The only benefit I can think of that I'll receive from the summer break is that I won't have to slow down in school zones. And while this will be very enjoyable and will make my drive to work each day much quicker, it doesn't really compare with sleeping in and doing whatever I want with my days.

Comments:
I was seriously thinking about the same thing this morning!! Where did our summer go?? You're right, there is no excitement or much of a difference with the hot summer months approaching. Being a grown up just stinks sometimes!! (Unless your Jim I guess and travel all the time!! :) ) We should get together a few times this summer. (On a weekend i guess!) Love ya!
 
Everyone doesn't have a summer? I have one, Jamie has one, Dustin has one, Brian has one....need I go on? I just assumed everyone did....sucks to be you.
 
that was sorry, michael.. be nice to your sweet wife =P
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]