Monday, May 29, 2006

He's Gone

Well he's gone. I know we'd been planning on this for quite a while, but it all seemed to happen so fast. Suddenly it was 9:30 this morning and time for him to leave. It was hard. There were tears shed, but only briefly. It was hard driving away knowing that he was about to get on a plane and head across the ocean. Luckily there were good friends at home to give me a hug when I got back from the airport. Michael had also left me a present on the counter. (He's so sneaky.) It was a beautiful James Avery cross. (There were more tears shed when I saw this.)

I have talked to him and he did make it through customs, and he should be in the air on his way to Orlando right now, so I guess he's really leaving (yes, I was still holding out hope). But despite that, it's still a good day. It's a wonderful holiday from work. I'm getting to sit here and listen to it thunder outside. And I noticed today that our pretty weeping willow tree in the back yard that I thought for sure the plumbers had killed when they knocked it over, is blooming. It's still kind of lying on its side, but it has beautiful orange flowers on it. So, I may be missing my husband like crazy right now, but I have flowers outside and thunder in the sky. (I'm doing my best to look on the bright side).

Comments:
Well you're doing a lot better than i would! Call me if you need anything! I'm not too far away:) Love you...
 
Julie friend,
There are more hugs waiting for you. Definitely a Michael void in the house, especially when it's coffee time, and many MORE times for you. Don't worry. He'll blog often, miss you like crazy, be home before you know it. Meanwhile, we'll work out, plan a wedding, laugh, eat Panda, play with Erin's kids, etc. Praying for you. Thanks for your help yesterday. Next up, the dreaded guest list. Duh, duh, duh. Be making a mental list of things I need to remember. And, it's really okay if we don't get our names on fancy napkins? No bouquet toss is okay with you? You'll still come to my wedding? Yipee! Love you. May the Lord give you daily grace. This could serve as a very encouraging time between you and the Lord, as you lean on Him for strength and turn to His Word for encouragement and truth. Let me know if you need anything.
 
Abbey and Jamie, thanks so much for the support. It's been really encouraging to get the messages, e-mails, and phone calls from friends and family.
And Jamie, I'd come to your wedding no matter what, no matter how many traditions you break. I say go for it, do whatever you want, it's your day.
 
Julie and Jamie in a house together for the summer. That sounds pretty fun if you ask me. You should make a "no boys allowed" club or something.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]