Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Disappointment

I had made up my mind to embrace my summer, throw caution to the wind, be in school forever, and drop my classes for the summer. I had decided that coming home at 5:00 and sitting outside and reading and relaxing and spending time with friends sounded much better than hurrying to school and studying all the time. So, I was all geared up to have a three month break. It's been a while since I've had a break that long. So I called UTA today to drop my classes, and come to find out, yesterday was the last day to drop classes and get a full refund. (Who would have thought...yesterday was a holiday). If I dropped today, I would loose 20%, which comes out to close to $400. So, as much as I wanted to have a break, I can't waste $400. School is expensive enough without unnecessarily spending more on it. So, at 5:30 today I was sitting in class. It was a big let down, and I was very unprepared for class, both physically and mentally. I didn't even take my bag with me to work this morning. So the books and relaxing will have to wait. I know, however, that this must be the Lord's will, and that he took the decision out of my hands because he knows better. So I am trusting that this summer and these classes will be fine. I definitely know that in a year and a half when I'm able to graduate a semester earlier because I took classes this summer, I'll be really glad and thankful.

I have to send out a big thank you to Chad. I came out of class tonight to a flat tire with a nail sticking out of it. Luckily it wasn't too flat for me to make it home, and Chad was so good to come change it for me and put on my spare. I don't know what I would have done without you, Chad. Some day I'll come see y'all when I don't need a favor. You may get tired of me if I keep coming and asking for favors. Michael's been gone a day and a half and something's already happened, but we can hope that this will be the worst.

Comments:
Aren't you afraid of the nail-wielding maniac who is wrecklessly driving them through random tires? Chad may need to come and keep guard each night.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]